This pair of moccasins will fit babies 6-12 months and the sole is about 4.75″ long.
Download the pattern here: FREE DIY Fringed Baby Moccasin Pattern
- Approx 2 sq feet of material. I used a faux leather because I had some left over from previous project.
- Approx 2 pieces of 1/4″ elastic 7″ long
- Paperclips/poster clips (to pin pieces together without using pins as it will puncture leather)
- Sewing machine, thread and notions
- I used waxed paper to cut out the pattern.
I used a pen to trace the pattern.
Here is a list of the pieces for reference:
a. Back Fringe (x2)
b. Front Fringe (x2)
c. Heel (x2)
d. Sole (x2 opposites)
e. Toe (x2)
Pin the pieces together using the paper clips or poster clips so as to not puncture the leather. Be sure to turn the pieces inside-out for sewing.
Next thread the elastic thru the heel and toe and tie or sew it together.
Cut the fringe and you're done! So cute.