For the material I purchased some cute curtains. I used curtains because the fabric is thick, durable, and usually comes in some great designs at a fraction of the cost of fabric stores.
I measured and cut the fabric to fit over the seat and fold over both the top and bottom
(kind of like a pillow case)
I spray painted the silver frame black to cover up some scratches and to make it look more slick.
The pockets on the back had a big rip so I decided to cover them with fabric as well.
I used hot glue to adhere the fabric (you could also hand-stitch but I was pressed for time).
Voila! From old and ratty to fresh and cute.
Here are my boys - they loved the stroller.
Wish I took a picture of the trunk of our car all packed up. The stroller fit perfectly.